Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Swåp - Mosquito Hunter


Swåp - Mosquito Hunter (2001)

"Two Swedes and two Brits; two men and two women; two Nordic folk fiddlers and two traditional Celtic musicians. This is Swåp: the inevitable confluence of two distinct but related musical cultures. Their music moves effortlessly from Swedish polska to Irish jig, from Swedish “vals” to British waltz, with swinging arrangements, memorable original compositions, grace, respect and passion." (Last.fm)

01 | Jigs: Kesh Jig / The Baroon / The Meersbrook
02 | Anton
03 | Staffanvisa från Leksand / Only Viveka
04 | Master Crowley's / A Packet a Year / Binsjö Reel
05 | I'm Not Fed Up with the Pacific Ocean
06 | Creme Fraiche
07 | Fiskmås
08 | Mosquito Hunter
09 | Sukiyaki Reel / Sukiyaki Song
10 | This Is My Pen
11 | Ms. DK
12 | Old Hales
13 | The Dusty Miller / Three Ravens / Solåten

Availability: Out of print in the U.S.  Used copies of the Japanese release occasionally available.

Link in comments.

4 comments:

  1. http://www.mediafire.com/?x41ytkmyg0rn86t
    PW: scandfolk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say how much I appreciate what you do. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for the awesome music that now I'm able to listen wherever I go :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks for this unique and wonderful blog that both provides great music and communicates a deep love for it. I would be unaware of so much of this music were it not for this blog.

    ReplyDelete